Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Unfortunately, there are no openings at this time.
Please check back soon for new exciting opportunities.
About Our Firm
Viewpoint Investment Partners Corporation (VIP) is a boutique investment management firm located in Calgary, Alberta and is registered as a PM, EMD, and IFM in BC, Alberta, and Ontario. The firm manages a global macro mandate on behalf of families, family offices, and institutions. VIP is owned and operated by Viewpoint Group, a single-family office also based in Calgary.
Our flagship global macro strategy uses a rigorous, evidence-based investment philosophy to create a foundational pillar for investor portfolios and is active where it counts. We use an innovative, rules-based approach to drive out behavioural biases inherent in investment decision-making.
Everything we do is for the long term. We have an entrepreneurial culture and believe strongly in alignment with our investors.
- Quantitative investment analysis and modeling
- Performance reporting and analytics
- Trade reconciliation
- Investment universe due diligence
- Reconciliation of the fund and separately managed accounts
- Sell-side relationship management
- Preparation of client reports
- Transaction cost analysis and trading strategy development
- Macroeconomic research and analytics, including monitoring and reporting of key economic variables
- Valid post-secondary degree in business, finance, accounting, or equivalent experience
- Self-starter who enjoys taking initiative and is comfortable working in an entrepreneurial culture with a diverse landscape
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and the full suite of Microsoft Office
The following would be considered assets:
- Completion of an accounting designation and/or enrollment in the Chartered Financial Analyst program
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, Power BI
- Basic knowledge of Python and/or Java
- Prior experience in performance reporting and analytics, or operations for an investment management firm
- Experience with a Bloomberg Terminal
- Strong interest in portfolio management and finance
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Entrepreneurial and learning mindset, with a natural curiosity
- Strong interest in data science and the application of predictive algorithms
- High amount of dedication and work ethic
- High level of attention to detail
- This position reports to Scott Smith, Managing Partner
- This position may be a 12-month contract, with a full-time position available at expiration
- Salary and bonus package will reflect candidate’s experience and skillset
Please submit your resume with a brief email cover letter to Scott Smith, Managing Partner via email at firstname.lastname@example.org